1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The problem there is that doing something other than anointing Sanders will absolutely drive the Bernie Bros away. Biden is a risk. Has been for years. But it would be hard to make an argument for a candidate who would need an infrastructure built or rebuilt on the fly.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but does Biden actually have enough delegates from the primaries that have been completed? It seems as if there is still wiggle room if the Democrats want it.

Tweener likes this.
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There's no indication that Business X or whatever hypothetical you're throwing out "doesn't take COVID seriously." Reopenings will have guidelines that I assume businesses will be expected to meet.

We've crossed the bridge into bitching just for the sake of bitching.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yes, damaging info about Joe Biden.

(Insert wanking motion here)

In 2016 Hillary Clinton was running a pedophile ring out of the basement of a pizza joint in Brooklyn, trying to cover up her plot to kill Americans in Benghazi and was responsible for a trail of murders in in Arkansas and Washington. Oh, and emails.

In 2008 and 2012 Barack Obama was the Kenyan kingpin of a vicious Chicago drug gang.

Yes, let's find another candidate because the right and the fucking Bernie circus has "damaging information" about Biden... that predates his serving as Vice President and several previous high-profile election campaigns.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Since you aren’t interested in a serious discussion, enjoy.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So not the easy decision you said it was last week.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Not remotely the same thing.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Solid. No matter who the Dem candidate it, there will be shit smeared all over them.

This accusation just isn't credible. If it was real, it would've been used to try to derail Obama/Biden. Twice.

I'm not one to dismiss this stuff. It sucked, but I thought Al Franken needed to go at the time. I fell for that hit job because I thought taking the high ground was more important.

Enough with the bullshit fake attacks. If this doesn't stick against Biden, there will be 20 more to follow.

It's gametime. Get tough and get rid of the orange scum.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't remember saying it, though that's twice you've referenced it. If I indeed did say it was an "easy" decision, I meant for those who already had decided beforehand they were going back to work whenever allowed. I'm sure some have. I'm sure many others haven't.

I tried. And then we went from discussing what the unemployment benefit requirements are to "businesses that don't care about COVID" . . . without a single bit of evidence to back up that out-of-left-field accusation.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Knowing you, you won't give me a straight answer, but does voting for Biden male me a rape apologist?.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He needs his mouth and nose unexposed to do that? And they said Ford couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.