1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This thing is barely a blip in the mainstream media. Literally the only people I hear bringing it up are people whining that the world is just so mean to poor Bernie.

And here's much of my point: whoever the nominee is, the right will accuse them of something. They can draft Gavin Newson and the right will scream that he eats babies for breakfast. It's what they do. I'm not required to wring my hands over it.

2. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Being struck with your own Sith lightning will do that to you.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I now have the music from the Haunted Mansion going through my head.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I believe the word they're looking for is schadenfreude.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

One that Adam Troy Castro post I made earlier one person said the following

With a 7-2 conservative majority in the Supreme Court, it won't matter how progressive the winner of the 2024 election is.

Though the Bernie Bros tell me Biden is more pro-life than Trump and we don't know that he wouldn't put another Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court.

I fail to see any evidence of that.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Point taken. I don’t think we can assume, though, that this will be a normal election or that the coronavirus won’t fuck with it.

To be clear, Sanders supporters don’t want Trump, and I believe most aren’t trashing Biden because their self-righteous bullshit. They want progress and many are just deeply concerned about whatever might aid a Trump re-election and set us back even further.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

She was only relevant as long as she said increasingly horrible things and was presentable. Now, through social media and a general lack of shame, what she is willing to say isn’t unique anymore. And Father Time being undefeated is the cherry on top.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Is she though? I don’t think she looks bad for 58.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've asked this question elsewhere and I will post it here. Based on what we know right now, if you judge both realistic candidates for president by their history with women, who is better?

More importantly, if you are someone who believes it is important to support women, can you make the argument that President Trump is the better candidate?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

DeVos to states: For extra relief money, create a virtual school or voucher-like program

Once again, President Trump's people are finding ways to take advantage of the pandemic to misdirect or steal money. In this case, it is Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos taking relief money away from public schools to try to force states into voucher or alternative programs. The goal of improving virtual learning is a good one, especially given what we are facing right now, but that is a goal that should be available for everyone, not just a select few. As always, DeVos is choosing to siphon money away from public education because she wants it in the hands of her family and friends and she wants public schools to be replaced by private ones.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.