1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Despite Trump’s Nudging, Schools Are Likely to Stay Shut for Months

While Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos is busy trying to siphon money away from public education for vouchers and private programs and President Trump is insisting schools will re-open soon just because he wants it to happen, this is a pretty good look at the real challenges were are facing with education.

There simply is no way to practice safe social distancing in schools at normal capacity, so what do you do? Half of the students in the building each day? How do parents arrange for child are on alternating days like that? You can't stagger schedules within the day due to issues of staffing and transportation. Staying with distance learning is a mess, too. It's not terrible as a temporary measure, but it simply won't work come the fall. This year, you have teachers building on class procedures and relationships they developed with students for over half of the school year. None of that will be in place in the fall. We are facing a potentially devastating affect on education.

The biggest problem is the one we keep coming back to, the lack of proper testing. We can't even come close to getting a handle on the pandemic until that is addressed and President Trump is now insisting on the federal government sitting it out. The lack of a coherent, coordinated national response to this pandemic is crippling the United States in one area after another.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I said “personality OR known name.”

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Depends, is it Lake Champlain?

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

No way she is vp. Unless you are talking about the daughters, haha.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I am surprised how open some of the contenders are in their campaigning for the position. Maybe they realize Biden will be a one-termer. I think it all comes down to whomever James Clyburn wants.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people are looking at Biden as being the interim head coach while the Democrats looks for the permanent replacement for the next four years.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He's 78. It's simple actuarial prudence to consider that the VP could become President in a hot hurry.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Exactly. The VP choice in this case is an insurance policy for those worried about Joe's age and acuity. Which should be everyone.

Webster likes this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jesus.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm sure they could figure a way out. They know everything.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Looks like a reboot of Indiana Jones, where they decide to open the Ark for Hitler in Berlin after all. Cue melting faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.