1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Still creeped out by pseudoreligionists jumping on board with Gilead.

Twirling Time likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. The Big Ragu

So much about the Remdesivir news, and how it has been dropped and when, has been fishy, starting with anecdotal stories out of Chicago a week and a half ago that coupled with all of the money sloshing around because of the Fed, really kicked the bubble euphoria in US equities into high gear.

The two fishiest things about this morning. ... Everyone was waiting for the really negative GDP number, and markets were going to ignore it anyhow, because it was expected and things like the economy, fundamentals, earnings don't matter a whit, all that matters is the trillions of dollars of debt buying by central banks with money they are conjuring out of thin air.

And still. ... the dropping of that Gilead release coincided exactly with the GDP number, to the second, setting off euphoria in stocks before there could even be a reaction to the GDP print.

Maybe it was a coinkydinky, but then you started getting news that along with the NIH release of the trials later today, the FDA is looking at fast tracking the drug. ... and the whole thing is going to be fed to us at a WHITE HOUSE EVENT later today.

That is enough to raise my bullshit detectors. This white house has been so hamhanded in making miracle promises and trying to coordinate news to try to manipulate sentiment, that you have to be suspicious. On top of it, the thing that deflated some of the earlier euphoria is still out there, namely that The Lancet (peer-reviewed medical journal) reported pretty quickly that in the trials of remdesivir in China, the drug did not speed recovery or reduce deaths vs a placebo, and China abandoned the trial.

So now you have to worry that this is more hydrochloroquine Trump bullshit.

I really hope it isn't.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    bigpern23 likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So true!

7. The Big Ragu

I'm old enough to remember when the coronavirus was a "hoax" being perpetrated by Democrats, with the flu being more deadly, and the press being in "hysteria mode."

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

that was the first wave of Facebook deletions for me, anyone saying “they didn’t get him with impeachment so now they’re going to do this!”

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Kokehead Kudlow expecting an economic "snapback". Time to short!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I would think big $$ would see through the White House BS, certainly by now. In fact my hope in 2016 was that big $$ wouldn’t let fatf*ck blow our country to bits and I was sooo wrong.

You’re closer than me, can you give me your thoughts on why I was so wrong?

11. The Big Ragu

I'm not sure what you are asking.

What do you mean by big $$?

12. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

I think he means CEOs of large companies who are presumably not as stupid as Trump should have been able to see through him. Perhaps they could in 2016 but thought the benefits outweighed the risks, but how could those CEOs possibly still think that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.