1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Golf courses were allowed to reopen in Riverside County last week with social distancing rules including only one person per cart, face coverings, no rakes in sand traps and no touching the flag.

The National Golf Course Owners Association created a Park and Play policy that most courses are following

Park and Play Program - NGCOA

MileHigh and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I wonder how much Palm Springs played a role in that. It's just annoying because I have three courses within 5 miles of my house (well two I can realistically use in normal circumstances because the third is a bit expensive for me) and it would mix things up so I can do more than walk around my neighborhood.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this guy

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That just demonstrates how much higher COVID’s batting average is than the flu.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The same idiocy you see on Facebook among Trumpers. Perhaps they need a sign like in front of rides at an amusement park: "There must be (number goes here) deaths before you take this seriously."

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Bay Area opens golf courses.

qtlaw and Spartan Squad like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania is opening theirs on Friday.

I can tell you our posted rounds in Virginia are way, way up over last year at this time. It's not all because of COVID, since we had no real winter here this year. But there's no doubt a lot of people are out playing and posting scores.

8. Michael_ Gee

We have had a cold, wet miserable April here in Mass., so I don't think there'd have been an enormous amount of play in any case, but the longer the courses stay closed, the greater the demand will be when they finally open. It has been reported that the Mass. General epidemiology department has advised the Governor that the only way to minimize the death toll of the virus is to keep the state closed until Labor Day, so who knows when that will be.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The next problem is there will be such a rush to go play, it will be impossible to go play

yogiberra.jpg

10. Michael_ Gee

I'll wait for the first wet drizzly day, break out the Gore-Tex, and try then.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The number may drop to 1,000 to 1,500 for a while, but six months takes us into the cough and cold season. It will go back up.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

— Betsy DeVos

HanSenSE, garrow and DanielSimpsonDay like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted