1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

A friend of mine posted it, too. She's a middle-aged military wife. What is it about that demographic that makes them so dumb?

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

“If the others heard me talking out loud they would think that I am crazy. But since I am not, I do not care.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea

HanSenSE, Webster, garrow and 2 others like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Veteran financial people are at a loss to explain why the market has rallied as the economy has cratered. The emerging consensus seems to be that "the money has to go somewhere." In other words, the huge pile of capital can't grow too fast in a world of 0.5 percent 10-year Treasury yields in safer investments, while high-yield bonds and munis are seen as too risky. That leaves stocks by a procession of elimination. BTW, Fed Chairman Powell spent most of his remarks today telling the White House and Congress the Fed alone cannot reverse the current economic direction of straight down and that much much more fiscal boosting from the government is needed. It was all couched in polite and abstruse Fedspeak, but that's what he meant.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yikes.

I was putting too much faith in consumerism bouncing back towards the end of the quarter.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No chance. It was an immediate shutoff. The return will not be immediate. It was be very, very slow.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Half of what the president said here is true.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

A moveable feast:

[​IMG]

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm sure the general public is going to get right on that and be comfortable with it, judging from how quickly they moved on from things like RBIs and batting average in baseball. #bluefont

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

TigerVols likes this.
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Umm, their husbands will toss them into the streets ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.