1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We're going to cast you down with the sodomites. You'll think you've been fucked by a train.

[​IMG]

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The Republicans have never in the past 50 years objected to creating a single-party system, but they always figured it would be their party.

BitterYoungMatador2 and garrow like this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Because 52 states was mentioned:
    If DC and PR were added as states, my honest response would be, "OK, cool."
    That having been said, DC has a right to statehood based on population, but it's smaller than most counties in the U.S. They'd get two senators (obviously) and two members in the House.
    Does PR want statehood? Right now, they live the best of both worlds. They have citizenship privileges but are an independent nation, plus they get paper towels thrown at them.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Except for those pesky hurricanes, PR has it easy.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

In much the way voting against Hillary mobilized the GOP candidate's base in 2016, I have little doubt voting against the incumbent will motivate many millions of people who would have otherwise been unenthusiastic supporters of Biden.

The idea that Biden needs to "excite" people the way Obama did is inherently wrong, IMO. Hillary didn't excite her own base, she worked her opponent's base into a frenzy and she still pulled 3 million more voters to her side. November is going to be the '98 Yankees, the '96 Bulls and Thanos all pulled into one. It is ... inevitable.

Driftwood and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. bigpern23

So, we've recently seen a few of the worst days for the stock market in history, and we've seen a decent bounce back. All of that in the context of a 4 percent drop in GDP for Q1. What the hell would a 40 percent plummet in GDP do to Wall Street?

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I want to believe this and I think you’re correct.

But right now I’m a boxer who can’t lift his gloves and is getting pummeled. But won’t go down.

I’ll crawl belly first, naked, across a mile of broken glass mixed with hot sauce to vote to get this incompetent, hateful piece of garbage out of office.

I hope a majority of the country, especially in key states, feels the same way. But I’m low on faith and trust in the American people.

9. bigpern23

WHEN Dems flip the Senate and control all three branches, the first damn thing they need to do is address gerrymandering. It's the only way to stop the minority from ruling the majority.

Mngwa and Driftwood like this.
  10. bigpern23

Completely anecdotally, while living in a state that only votes blue, I see TONS of political posts from previously disengaged voters I grew up with who are so disgusted by what's going on that they are planning to vote for Biden. I've literally seen at least dozen who claim to be voting for the first time even though they're 40ish.

Biden may not excite the Democratic base. But the President excites them in a way that's going to spur them to the polls. He's going to get fucking steamrolled. And, in his style, he's going to be the biggest, greatest, record-breaking loser of an incumbent in the history of the USFUCKINGA.

Driftwood and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

he forgot the forced gender reassignments and the abortion mills grinding up the babies from the myriad gay marriages what a decadent hellscape taxed at 70%

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.