1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'd be OK if Chuck "Chucklehead" Todd got the virus.

I don't want him to die, just get sick enough to take his stupid ass off the air. He is an insufferable prick who adds nothing to a news discussion.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I had his show on mute yesterday when I saw he was interviewing the African-American mayor of Waterloo, IA. So I rewound it and unmuted it, just in time to hear him intro the guy and toss him the first, long-winded, rambling question. The mayor answered with "first, thanks Chuck for having me on..." like they always do, and Chuck's mic was still hot and you could hear him complain to the booth, "why do they always do that?"

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Before I even read I already knew it wouldn't reconcile the fact that meatpacking plants wouldn't have been affected by a stay-at-home order because they're deemed essential.

After reading it, well, guess what? It didn't reconcile it.

Also, in the story, there's a drop-quote about the horse auction. Not only did the columnist get the location of it wrong - she said it was in northeast Iowa when it was in southern Iowa, among the Amish, the most socially-distant group of folks in the Midwest - there aren't any current positive cases in the county where it was held, according to Iowa's Web site. None.

In the Midwest, it's packing plants.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

We're just overachievers.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Can someone explain this chart? I have a hard time believing the new case count is going down like this anywhere in America. Also: Georgia's growth rate in newly reported deaths since April 26 is the fourth-highest in the country.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

upload_2020-4-29_22-22-27.png

Attached Files:

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Walking only; 2 per group; raised cups, no putting into hole. I’ll take it!!

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’ll explain the chart. It’s utter bullshit.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted