1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm getting my clubs out this weekend for the first time. My urban county had closed courses all month, and though I could have driven a half-hour to a neighboring county and played, my family has been pretty strict about stay-at-home so I honored that for golf too. My wife doesn't love me getting out there now, but I told her she's just going to have to trust me that I can handle social distancing requirements in a massive field. My mental health needs it, never mind physical.

This might be a time where golf can start to shake some of its stigmas. Walking and using push-carts is way, way up as courses are limiting carts to one rider per or parking them altogether. The secondary market prices for new push carts right now are amazing.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

One of the great things about taking up golf as a broke teenager is you learn how to cut costs, and one of the first things I realized is if I buy my own collapsible pull cart it will pay for itself after about seven trips to the course. As a result, I had already been walking the course and not dealing with golf carts for 20 years. Only time I get a golf cart is when Ms. BYM2 and i play or I go with friends.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I try to walk most times. Some courses are just too spread out to do that, though. One in particular in my area has several instances where there is between a quarter and a half mile between holes. Just not feasible to walk and keep any sort of pace of play.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Disgusting.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Walking is a great way - I've found - to sell golf to my significant other.

"Hey baby - let's go for a walk. ... and while we walk, I'm going to stop every few minutes and hit a ball."

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If I didn't walk courses, I'd be as fat as Starman says Trump is. Because most courses in Mass. are relatively old, they are relatively easy to walk.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

They aren't

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Second damn thing is to bring back the Fairness Doctrine and equal time laws. A lot of the BS on the airwaves is because broadcasters have no fear of being called out right afterward.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. Systems crashed everywhere, including here. I finally got through -- at 3:30 a.m. on a Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.