1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I would give a discount to curbside pickup.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but restaurants are missing out on alcohol sales, though out here, they can sell it with curbside. Still, missing out on that is a killer.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

61,849 cool points and a blue check

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Trump agrees with you:

5. DanielSimpsonDay

immigration ban on sweden they are no longer pure

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Beer and wine can be sold curbside in Mass., but it's so much cheaper to buy it at liquor stores and even some grocery stores which have grandfather licenses, nobody's getting it from restaurants.

MileHigh likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Sweden, of course, counters with the fact that its economy isn’t a smoldering shambles. But it very much looks like it determined there was an “acceptable” number of deaths to keep most of its businesses running. This is what that choice looks like in real life.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The weirdest feeling was picking up a martini for my wife in a plastic cup and driving with that in my cupholder home. The whole time thinking how in the hell I was going to explain it to a cop of I got pulled over.

We also had a pizza place missing the alcohol sales so much they began offering growlers for sale.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The only way I would buy alcohol curbside is if I wanted a fancy drink that would take several ingredients to make ... not buying a vodka soda or a pour of bourbon from the restaurant, though.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Very much this. If this is not all figured out/agreed upon in the next month, people are not going to wait. They're just going to make up their own minds about what they're willing/daring to do that this point. Short of some horrible, drastic close personal experience or an immediate, substantial or sudden rise in deaths, people just will not be holding out much longer.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought Faux News was telling us Sweden is the way to go? What in the name of Clay Travis is going on here?

tapintoamerica likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

if you don't think that 2,462 dead swedes is a worthwhile price to open up the american economy to grow like never seen before then you really are so desirous for this to be worse to make our president look bad

Draft saved Draft deleted