1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Facebook profile thingys. You left out Facebook profile thingys.

[​IMG]

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Having made this statement, I suppose Ms. Reade's next move has to be a criminal charge* or a civil lawsuit.

Barring some further evidence, we're stuck at he said / she said - which I imagine is what the Biden campaign is hoping for.

* RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Moments in 21st Century Presidential history:

May 1, 2003: Mission Accomplished
    May 1, 2011: Announcement of Bin Laden's death
    May 1, 2020: Amidst a pandemic he severely worsened, Donald J. Trump rants on twitter about the FBI Director he fired years earlier who helped him win the 2016 election.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Can she do either? I’m pretty sure she can’t file charges. What’s the statute of limitations for a civil suit?

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The full description of what Reade claimed, which I saw a clip of for the first time last night, is hard to picture. They're somewhere in the Capitol, so she's in standard clothing, skirt to knee length. Some kind of blouse. She said, he had one hand in her blouse and one hand under her skirt and penetrated her with his fingers and tried to kiss her. OK. So picture a man doing this. She would have to be pinned to the wall,, right? That long skirt would be all bunched up. If one hand is in her shirt and another under her skirt.... how is he holding her unless she's pinned by his body? And he did all that with his hands but never got his lips on hers? I remember the bad old days when men held all the power and older men routinely 'put the moves' on women. Don't you lean in, establish some body contact, try a few kisses? It's hard to imagine that he went straight under the clothes with his hands....It was in a somewhat public place, I guess an office? I'm trying to wrap my head around the spectacle of it. This wasn't some sly rub or grab....the forced needed to do what she claimed would have been considerable and it's really, truly hard to imagine that it went unnoticed.

Secondly, there's no pattern of this from Biden. Yes, there's all that stupid shoulder rubbing, and head touching and other unwanted physical contact for which he's known... but that really isn't the same thing. It's not sexual.

Are we too believe that one time in his life, Biden brutally assaulted a women in a somewhat public place and the rest of his time in public office, especially when he was vetted for VP, it never surfaced?

It's kind of the same thing I thought with Bill Clinton, when people tried to accuse him of joining Epstein in the teen sex scandal. We know Clinton's sex life. We know he had affairs and routinely used his personal power to get sex from women. But in all the investigations there was never a sniff a him going after teens. It is unbelievable that the people going after Clinton for decades would have missed that.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

very good very fine all these people of mine

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

100% This.
    Now if she said he wined her, dined her, and took her to a hotel room or even sweet talked her into a blowjob under his desk, maybe.
    I've been wrong on these things before, but any halfway decent red team would shoot this story full of holes in an instant. It just isn't credible for all the reasons you mentioned.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. Lots of jurisdictions have extended the statute of limitations for sexual assault charges.

Ubu is the king of the nuisance suit (it's his business model), so who knows what kind of complaint his campaign or some surrogate might file.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If it didn't happen. ... I personally would have been turned off least by a much quicker, "Didn't happen" ... and nothing else

No surrogates, nothing about all the legislation you supported that you think is pro women, no parsing the allegation to try to create murky questions in an attempt to shape opinion.

Just a "didn't happen."

None of us know. We all know that anyone can make an allegation. ... and just because anyone can, it doesn't mean the allegation isn't necessarily true.

In the absence of compelling evidence or a pattern of somewhat credible allegations, that is all we have.

So "didn't happen" is all I really want to hear from someone who is accused under those circumstances.

I am thoroughly worn out by how we have morphed into the United States of Bullshit and Spin.

Just give me "didn't happen."

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He gave you "didn't happen" about 90 minutes ago. Not much else to do now except see what her next move is.

“No, it is not true. I’m saying unequivocally it never, never happened. And it didn’t. It never happened.”

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.