1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

That’s why they use ratios.

Deaths per million.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Are we going to be tested on this because you've never gone over it before. I feel like it wouldn't be fair to test us on something you haven't covered...

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bleed on them. Let ‘em know you’re there.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Corona doesn’t care about the Alabama border. People need to worry about all borders. The South is gonna rise the curve again.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, but *I* care that my state government hasn't gone full head up Trump's ass for once, and those idiots are going to come fuck things up.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I wanted to elaborate on this point a little.

The kind of 'libertarian' I'm talking about here is a for-profit media skeptic on the order of a John Stossel.

There is of course on the global political spectrum a form of 'left libertarianism' - but it's relatively unheard of in this country. All our high-profile 'libertarians' tend to conservatism.

That's why you sort of sense them leaning Trumpwise when they commence "just asking questions."

And why it's a little jarring on occasion to see folks like Walter Kirn engage in it. But I think Kirn is a good example of someone sincere in their questioning. To a less certain extent, Caitlin Flanagan.

For the professional cynic on the other hand, it can be a fairly rich vein of hyperpartisan discontent to mine these days.

As the extremes widen, there's more room in the middle for 'just asking questions' and condemning both sides.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Probably. But again, it doesn't matter AS LONG AS the area's heath care systems are not overburdened. That's all staying the fuck home ever was intended to accomplish. And since so many of these unburdened hospitals postponed "elective" procedures --- some even postponed Stage IV liver cancer resections --- there's plenty of room for a spike in virus cases.

Most U.S. hospitals are empty. Soon they might be closed for good | Opinion

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  12. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Crap. That original post didn’t say it was deaths per millions. But still, I guess my bad.
    Besides, I was told there would be no math.

Draft saved Draft deleted