1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was talking about all of the staged bullshit prior to 90 minutes ago. Before "didn't happen," we got days of bullshit. Nancy Pelosi touting how pro woman he is and what legislation he supported, like that has anything to do with the allegation. We got surrogates his campaign sent out all over the news channels to give an outright falsehood about the NY Times having done a "deep investigation" in which they found that the accusation wasn't credible. No they didn't.

Even with the staged appearance this morning, it was timed with a crafted statement with gems like, "I am requesting that the Secretary of the Senate ask the Archives to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such document. If there was ever any such complaint, the record will be there."

As I said, I personally would have been turned off least if he had just come out when the reports hit and said, "Didn't happen." A direct statement from him. If you are being falsely accused, it's more natural to me to be annoyed, pissed off, wanting to call her a liar. Maybe you don't feel like you can go on TV and call her a fucking liar, because you are running for president. So say, "It didn't happen," and STFU.

People will investigate her allegation with or without your spin and bullshit approval.

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fuckhead FATUS calls armed MI cultist fucktards "very good people."

This shit stops Nov. 3.

HanSenSE and qtlaw like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ragu's suggested response would doubtless be more satisfying to Biden, but he knows that's not how the game is played. He has to offer supporting evidence or in this case the lack thereof. And of course, it won't do any good. The Republicans obviously have a vested interest in the story, but so do big-time Washington media. They can't just say, "well, we made a big deal about this, but it turns out there's not that much to it except a charge and a denial." That makes them look foolish, which would never do.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You know what? Shut the fuck up.

Since this election cycle has started, Joe Biden has been falsely accused of racism, falsely accused of having dementia, had his family falsely attacked, and at least questionably accused of sexual assault by a woman who says she never named him in her alleged complaint to the Senate, never mentioned an actual assault in the alleged complaint and who also says she doesn’t have a record of the alleged complaint.

Are you even a journalist? The only time I see you here you’re only interested in pushing Bernie and using flimsy accusations to drag down Biden. Your playbook has been seen on this website before, used by someone who only ever brought doubletalk, lies, and bullshit to this forum. Maybe next time you should develop a new playbook.

Maybe you should find a new hobby.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

We are at 63,610 and climbing
    Right again

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I only saw the statement. I haven't seen the interview. I thought he was saying the National Archives should be directed to search for the claim, not that his papers at the University of Deleware should be made public.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is a fair point. Just because there is an accusation, he should not have to make everything public.

lakefront likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Eagerly looking forward to the day Grassley croaks

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So this aligns with what I posted the other day. That Joe Biden might be politely eased onto his ice floe, after which the Democrats decide on a new candidate.

Democrats Aren’t Stuck With Joe Biden

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.