1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

They can only block him if he allows it to happen. The WH has exactly zero control over a US citizen, so if Fauci wants to testify, he can. And there ain’t fuck-all Trump’s henchmen can do about it.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. swingline

You’re right. I DO want things to be worse for the president. Much, much worse.

lakefront likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

65,748 cool points for you virtue virtue burning bright signal my blue check's blazing light i wish i may i wish I might trend on twitter tonight you have so much hate but i guess that fuels you when it's time to storm the liquor store

4. swingline

I’m not cool enough for twitter.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

msdnc contributor then it's a stepping stone to getting verified and really getting into the online l33t i thought soros had this in the employee handbook

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It beyond awful they were try to block him in the first place. And, of course, he'll get fired if he testifies. And we'd lose the one honest voice in the administration on the pandemic.

Fauci does have the power in this case. Public support would largely be on his side.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He can't be fired except for cause, as he's a civil servant. Committee could subpoena him, and then Trump could do nothing if he testified. Obeying a lawful summons is not a fireable offense. Also, Trump would see the Dow drop 1500 and his poll numbers down near the same if he fired Fauci.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One call to Uncle Vlad and Doc Fauci takes a header out a fifth-floor window.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Look, you can’t blame Putin for people falling out of windows all the time in the Motherland. It’s their own fault.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

They all complained of a sharp pane before their deaths.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

1. When Gavin Newsom says so, and if they don't like it, tough shit is not an intellectual argument for the purpose of the lockdown. It's just, I dunno, an assertion of whatever.

2. But, obviously, you're suggesting Newsom will arrive at correct conclusion while other governors arrive at different (and I'd presume you think) incorrect conclusion. So what accounts for righteousness and unrighteousness? Which science? What purpose?

3. No, I don't think that was the goal, actually. The death of the virus? No new cases? No. No, I think that might be what people like you would like to see happen, because feelings or whatever, but it was never the goal. It can't be the goal.

4. Taiwan is the size of Maryland. South Korea is the size of Indiana. Greece is the size of Illinois. It is much easier to execute a cohesive national strategy in all three places, especially Taiwan, which is an island the size of Maryland , and South Korea, which shares a peninsula with a nation from which there is virtually no travel, ever. I mean, we're talking about Texas high school football vs. Vermont high school football advantages here, only in reverse.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted