1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

“Nothing bad happens”? They already marched into a state building armed with assault weapons. When are you going to get your head out of your a*^ and call it for what it is. If a group of Muslims did that would anyone have said “what are we going to do NEXT TIME!” Just admit you’re White fascist racist anarchists.

if it was a group of any minority group they’d be dead. But wait they’re WHITES so nothing happens. That’s the USA we have.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is the WHO that told us not to wear masks? That now says the Sweden approach is a new normal?

At any rate, I’m not saying that we shouldn’t do contact tracing and more testing. I am saying the expressed purpose of keeping people in their homes was not to develop those measures.

And above all that is an America that just doesn’t resemble the one you want. It’s A political system that could elect Donald Trump. Taibbi’s point, from many pages back, is we increasingly live in a media environment where the people writing and thinking about these things - and the people who run tech companies - are increasingly uncomfortable with an American public that is allowed to have different ideas than its own. It’s not so much the opinions, disgusting as they may be. It’s the latitude to have them or, more to the point question the expert opinion.

Hence, your thought process that we kick out all the usual WH press corps reporters because they’re of no use and replace them with medical and science writers.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I absolutely would hope that, if armed Muslims protested the lockdown at the state building, they would not be arrested for it unless it were illegal.

I'm not in favor of shows of police force in almost any case. I'm consistent there. I'm so consistent I'm the person who doesn't think the cops should carry guns in most circumstances. I'm also for more gun control.

So you're hectoring the wrong person here. My point is, the police starting something with these folks to feed some urge a couple liberal posters on this board have isn't that great of a policy decision, and likely to backfire.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Common sense in Europe.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

In-N-Out outside of Salem, Oregon. More than a three-hour wait.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That had better be one really good burger.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not everything is a "story," as you put it earlier.

Stop with your narratives already, where you have to frame everything and try to box everything into whatever singular nonsense you are keyed in on, and where you repeat the same thing over and over again and dismiss anything that doesn't fit whatever it is you are insisting on.

Flattening the Coronavirus Curve

Yes, flattening the curve was about not overwhelming our health care resources.

And just because you keyed on that, and you make snarky comments over and over again, and call it a "story," doesn't mean that flattening the curve had just that one purpose. The idea was to spread out the progression and buy time. OF COURSE the hope with that was that the time it buys would allow for the development of therapies and vaccines. That is exactly what the people who have training in infectious diseases and experience with viral outbreaks who made the recommendations we are half following were saying and trying for.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I've touted In-N-Out for years here -- and all of my life, honestly. It's awesome More than three hours is .... excessive.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't care how good their burgers are.

In three hours, you could don a face mask, hit the grocery store for some ground beef and beer, drive home and complete your backyard barbecue before those poor souls even get their food at In-N-Out.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Ever been to Salem?

I promise you these people had nothing better to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted