1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I didn't have much use for GWB, but the guy did have some sense of compassion and empathy. Trump has none.

sgreenwell and I Should Coco like this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Where is the CDC? What’s their plan? They’re supposed to be front and center, they were formed to fight against the pandemic? Oh yeah THIS ADMIN has shoved them aside after neutering them.

3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Bush was a President who didn’t handle some crises well (Katrina in particular) and was the leader of record for a boondoggle of a war in Iraq. But he had empathy and wasn’t a sociopath. The next President will have such a low bar to clear that it’s currently buried underground.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Here's a new article detailing how Trump is a global laughingstock and his thoroughly incompetent administration has produced a vacuum in international leadership that will be filled by China.

This Time, Americans Are Doing Nothing

The final paragraph:

"And if Trump wins a second term? Any nation can make a mistake once, elect a bad leader once. But if Americans choose Trump again, that will send a clear message: We are no longer a serious nation. We are as ignorant as our thoughtless, narcissistic, ignorant president. Don’t be surprised if the rest of the world takes note of that, too."

OscarMadison, HanSenSE, qtlaw and 3 others like this.
  5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS INC.: A grift, wrapped in a swindle, served on a hamberder bun.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

All cooked well-done and slathered with ketchup in a further sign of poor taste.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I preferred the doomy graf right before the one you quoted:

I wish I could say for certain that a President Joe Biden could turn this all around, but by next year it may be too late. The memories of the prime minister at the airport, welcoming Chinese doctors, will remain. The bleach jokes and memes will still cause the occasional chuckle. Whoever replaces Pompeo will have only four short years to repair the damage, and that might not be enough.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Any other country that doesn't figure on a Trump equivalent with Trump's policies holding power at least half the time in the US for the foreseeable future due to the nature of the two-party system is a country with leaders as stupid as he is.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Is it guaranteed that Biden does better? Almost;

is it guaranteed that we will be better off ? Absolutely. If you disagree, “You haven’t been keeping track of current events!” Paxton in Aliens.

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm expecting some particularly unhinged tweets re that article. That was an appalling read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.