1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

It’s not alleged, either. They lean left. Hell, this board is proof

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

That moment when China doesn't even have to stretch the truth too much to roast us...

NOTE: It was made by China, so grain of salt and all that jazz

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Journalists lean left because no conservative would ever work for the money journalists are paid.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You assume the views of the few people active on the Politics thread represent the majority. Why?

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Our family, members of the same parish for 55+ years, has essentially bolted over the parish's avoidance of handling a scandal regarding a homosexual priest, alleged to have made advances toward an adult male parish employee (revealing Fr. Closet's undercover living arrangement in a cushy $300,000 suburban house with his longtime boyfriend, incidentally NOT the target of his amorous efforts), and a dramatically rising tide of MAGA-style dominionism and overt favoritism toward President Fatfuck in school policies and practices (and students being disciplined for 'disruptive' statements). I didn't help matters any when I pointed out that Pigboy, the god emperor of pro-lifeism, had by sheer mathematics pretty much unavoidably ordered over 100 abortions in his lifetime and was furiously working through his flunky Bannon to overthrow the Pope.

BTW, the regional Catholic high school into which this school feeds, over the last couple years had a running fiasco focused on the suspension of several black football players who knelt for the national anthem. All ended up leaving the school; in Sept. 2017 the school had had (I believe) 23 African-American students; as of last year, it was down to 3 or 4. (Latino numbers have taken a huge dive as well.) Which may well have been the idea.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It’s a pretty good place to start.

The early presidential polls here seemed to indicate not merely a lack of interest in the GOP nominee - which could be merely rejecting that yahoo - but a disinterest in the eventual democratic nominee, too. Most of the choices were well left of him.

But if there’s some conservative streak hiding here, well, I guess most of them are afraid with being shamed for their views, or disinterested in sharing them for whatever reason. Because what we do not lack is the left perspective.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Eh. A lot of young journalists aren’t that poor. Well, their parents aren’t.

I did the internship placement stuff for awhile on the shop end, and I’ve helped college students. Didn’t run across a lot of poors or lower middle class. Did run across a lot of kids whose parents were floating their expenses so they could work for beer money.

And your politicos of the world ain’t always paying peanuts.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Good point. Nobody prominent on the right can point to any substantive achievement. Verne Smith, Thomas Sowell, John Cochrane, George Will, Eugene Volokh, pikers, all of them. Eugene Fama’s got some nerve, letting people get away with citing his work without also citing Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez. Niall Ferguson has the gall to present himself as a full-fledged member of the intelligentsia. And they almost pulled it off ... but you and tapoutastupid were way too smart and accomplished (especially tapoutastupid on the accomplished front) to let ‘em get away with it!

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sorry, those people with substantive work, legitimate writers, journalists, I'm not disparaging their work or taking away their accomplishments. I salute them. I took this about how the Trumpists rail against the "liberal" media; well if the "media" (like that grouping can be amalgamated) is liberal then that's because there aren't enough people who lean "Right" who make up that group.

I'm also talking more about the non-mainstream people who wonder why their "views" aren't in the mainstream media. My uneducated response is that they didn't put in the work so they would be considered for a job in the mainstream media outlets.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

How do you explain the numerous people who left for the other board because it was more comfortable for their ideology? Did they suddenly convert to the Right in order to be confirmed there?

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted