1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife still seethes when she remembers seeing Helms standing in her front yard talking to her dad when she was a kid.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Dean of the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

And cue SVP for talking a little bit differently when interviewing someone who isn’t white.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

The initiation of Toni Kukoc from MJ and Scottie is a little uncomfortable to watch in hindsight. I'm glad he had a nice game in the finals.

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Eons ago, young college student Peter Vecsey was probably laughing his ass off when his Journalism 101 teacher told him he was never supposed to be the story.

Liut likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jordan, “I was in line at McDonalds and I noticed the guy in front of me got more fries than I did. Man, that just offended me, so when we were walking to our cars in the parking lot I dunked on the dude and scored 44.”

Iron_chet, Roscablo and Regan MacNeil like this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I always liked Vecsey’s work in the NBA on NBC days. I imagine he didn’t get a call because I bet he knew too much, would say so on-camera and Jordan wouldn’t want to deal with that.

He was more plugged-in than a divorced mom’s rabbit.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Plugged in and full of shit.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

People who deserve to get fired:

• The creator of the late 90's Detroit Pistons uniforms
    • The guys at Adidas who decided they didn't need Jordan in 1984
    • The creator of the late 90's Atlanta Hawks uniforms

11. poindexter

The doc took a little creative license last night - they implied that in 1984, Nike was a nobody running shoe company. I had several posters on my wall that said differently.
    [​IMG]

TowelWaver and exmediahack like this.
  12. poindexter

I'm a big SVP fan. But on a different note, on his podcast they were talking about the Pistons and Celtics, and he discussed the 80's Celtics, and what might have been with "Leonard". Not Len Bias, not Bias, but just "Leonard". As far as I knew, the only one who called him Leonard was Lefty Driesell. It was just a little too cool for school.

Draft saved Draft deleted