1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I realize this will be a shock, but I am not.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That is just awful. I hope we learn from our mistakes (due to inaction) and next time be able to handle issues such as other sick people, food distribution problems and ppe.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Every day is 9/11 with Fatfuck.

And remember, the true figures are being suppressed.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I had the exact same thought.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Trump will crash the economy AND kill a lot of people, and you're going to see a lot of this:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

I don’t care what the conditions are, I’m voting in November.

OscarMadison, Mngwa, garrow and 2 others like this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If there was ever a post on this site that more clearly demonstrated that you have gone full-on troll, this is it.

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, none of this is any kind of secret. Anyone who pretends they didn't know is being disingenuous.

I'm more progressive on some things and more conservative on others. In many newsrooms - and almost certainly on Twitter - you can voice one perspective easily, but you're fighting an uphill battle to even question progressive orthodoxy otherwise. The problem, of course, is that when know-it-all progressive journalists bully even the most basic skepticism and dissent, the more likely the far right quacks get heard because they're the primary voice of skepticism. Of course a guy like Clay Travis is an opportunist and fraud. But he gets away with that because the middle ground can't easily be held.

The one that's particularly popular right now - or was before the coronavirus - was this kind of hysteria and certitude on climate change, which I generally find as a negotiating ploy to funnel money to the green energy sector. Noted conservative Michael Moore's recent documentary should puncture some of that movement, but it probably won't. Facts and logic don't stand much of a chance when you're trotting out kids to glare and inveigh "how dare you!"

(A note on the doc: It's deeply alarmist and focuses on reducing, to a great degree, our consumption. Some argue it's even Malthusian in nature. Whether I agree or not, it's sincere. It doesn't think "well, an accord here and an accord there, and we're squared up.")

Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Jerry-atric likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted