1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I suppose I could answer that any way I want, right? Just like you did.
    I also never vociferously and repeatedly claim to be or not be something, which you do, eh, Hamlet?

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

do we still say hall of fame post around here?

garrow likes this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Rush Division only.

Spartan Squad and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm torn. I wear a mask, social distance, etc. And I know my state's stringent policies have saved lives. But my county has about 90,000 residents and has only 34 confirmed cases and five deaths, three or four of which were from the same nursing home.

I think it's time for a soft reopen. But we won't have one for at least another 10-13 days, at the earliest.

Either way, I'll follow the law. And try not to endanger others.

Last edited: May 4, 2020
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. It reverses some previous bad news, but still doesn't prove that people can't get it again.

6. outofplace

That wasn't even Alma's usual bullshit. He was just finding a way to make another excuse for selfish assholes because I asked him to stop doing that.

lakefront and Fred siegle like this.
  7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Voting against Trump and W (once) means you're not a Republican? How did the rest of your ballot look, Alma?

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Northam's reasoning for waiting until next Friday was to give businesses a real target date and an opportunity to prepare for opening with safety measures in place. As opposed to Georgia, who just said fuck it, Katie Bar The Door, let's go this weekend.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You are skeptical that climate change is occurring? Or are you skeptical about whether “green energy” is effective to battle it? Apologies that I have not see the Michael Moore documentary.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

If you can catch it again, herd immunity is impossible because it’ll keep bouncing around the planet. We may get herd immunity before we get an effective vaccine at the rate it’s projected to return to.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time. It's even worse than the usual Michael Moore wad of bullshit.

12. outofplace

We don't know if we can catch it again. Also, it's not just a binary thing. What if we catch it again, but it is much less severe if you already have the antibodies. Maybe it sucks, but it becomes manageable in more cases. Even once there is a good vaccine, I don't think it is going away. I think the reasonable hope is that we can get it to be as manageable as the flu.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted