1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a good thread. One of the biggest problems I am seeing right now is that a lot of people have dug in and will not accept the death toll numbers, no matter what. I’m not sure what it would take to convince them.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The same people who want teachers to carry pistols to protect children don’t want to wear masks to protect the elderly.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You can't have a re-open without social distancing. Once you accept that fact, possibilities begin to emerge.

5. Neutral Corner

If you didn't see it, check out this Beau video on the Broward Co Sheriff race. Funny as hell.

And it looks like this brilliant strategy came from Roger Stone, to boot. I saw an article yesterday that said that the current sheriff, Tony, was a known swinger, and included semi-nude pictures of him, his wife, and another couple that were mined from a swinger's group web site. That one smells of Stone as well.

Broward sheriff, 'dirty trickster' forge unlikely tie

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Such diversity!!

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Of course that broadcast was done with the hosts in remote locations. I wonder how long it will be before the frank position of the right wing "your life does not matter if we perceive our wealth and power to be at risk" engenders the equal and opposite reaction, "if my life doesn't matter to you, then yours doesn't matter to me"?

8. Neutral Corner

If they keep saying this stuff out loud, it will come. Particularly true as Covid-19 grinds on and the wealthy are in hiding on their estates and regular folks' friends and relatives are dying.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Unfortunately to the troothers, it's just another plot by the Dems and the librul media to bring down their hero.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Exactly. NOTHING will dissuade them from being on the Trump Train. We could have been rid of Trump months ago if not for his plague base.

Trump supporters during a pandemic is like if a house has a termite infestation the residents are either denying it or rooting for the termites.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

I can't imagine being on the WH comms staff. Trump says/does something so egregiously idiotic that they have to go into panic mode and come up with a plausible propaganda line to explain it. They put it out there, and three hours later Trump says something that completely blows up the talking points. Over and over and over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.