1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

:p

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Jordan Rules came out like 28 years ago and it prominently featured how Jordan and the other Bulls held Krause in contempt (unlike Reinsdorf, whom Jordan respected). This is an entertaining series, but none of it is like news, it's popular history, which is not to be sneezed at.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

During one of the victory celebrations -

Krause: Can I have a cigar?
    Jordan: No. It will stunt your growth.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It took me a day to find it - this was my favorite Nike poster out of the pre-Jordan era
    [​IMG]

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Hey, Jerry... those your short pills you taking?

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He signed a shit deal which he shouldn’t have in order to guarantee long term security. At the end of the day, he underperformed on his Rockets contract. So while Krause was a pompous guy, he did the best by the Bulls with respect to Pippen.

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

No, he didn’t. If he had been a halfway decent person the Bulls would have won another title or two. Flags fly forever.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s entirely possible that they could have squeezed one more year out, but Rodman played 35 games for the rest of his career and Pippen was not the same player after 1998. Not to mention that MJ quit.

Pippen wasn’t eating cat food. He took security over betting on himself and the Bulls would have had to have paid him if he sucked. I feel bad for him that he made the wrong choice, but that’s Entirely on him.

11. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

MJ expressed pretty clearly in Episode 5 or 6 that he was tired of it all and ready to walk away. He may have stayed another year if Phil was coming back in ‘98-99, but Jordan seemed like he was ready for it to be over and I think there’s a decent chance the run would have been over anyway with MJ, Pippen and Rodman all in their mid-30s. Plus, four titles in a row is pretty much impossible for any team.

12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

That has to be the sole reason he was left off. He was, frankly, more deserving than Pippen, who had been an all-star once at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted