1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It is no longer an effective propaganda outlet, so why bother having a coronavirus task force?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ah, it’s fine. Who cares if you get sick?

“For almost seven weeks I have been through a roller coaster of ill health, extreme emotions, and utter exhaustion. Although not hospitalised, it has been frightening and long. The illness ebbs and flows, but never goes away. Health professionals, employers, partners, and people with the disease need to know that this illness can last for weeks, and the long tail is not some ‘post-viral fatigue syndrome’—it is the disease.”

Paul Garner is a professor of infectious diseases at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You do realize that 2021 is not a few years away, right?

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I feel for them and the fact they didn't have a leader who took this seriously. I mean you're own willingness to ignore science is on you but it's hard to know what to think when your own leader wants to push your head beneath the waves to save himself all the while telling you it's to own the libs.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's one. Looks like an upward trajectory, which it is. The seven-day average has increased by 65% over the past two weeks in particular. But if I'm doing my math correctly, if we increase at that rate (average of 3.47% per day from April 20-present), we won't get to the alleged target of 5 million tests per day until July 26. Given Trump's stated desire to shut down the task force and his apparent apathy, I wonder if we'll ever get there.

upload_2020-5-5_20-26-15.png

10. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

"Agenda-driven power grabs?"
    Care to enumerate? Not sure governors really want to impose restrictions that they know are both extraneous and unpopular simply for the sake of doing so. There's a risk of backlash, as we have seen.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

Any idea why Applebee's is the go-to chain of choice in this argument? Not just talking about here. It's on Twitter, too. Is it the market-share leader in its sector? I have no idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted