1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The judge offers a rebuke that all the Trumpists need to hear; however, her retort that left the judge no choice but to send her to jail is probably all they'll hear. Not that she is inherently making a bad argument, but a dead parent can't very well feed children either. And if only there was a form of insurance for the unemployed that could help here...

Dallas salon owner gets 7 days in jail for reopening in defiance of countywide restrictions

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Because you probably can't afford it.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The cools shaming the shlubs. That’s all it is. Foodies - who double as our moral betters in all
    matters including the pandemic - look down on Applebee’s. (And I don’t even like Applebee’s.)

See, mouth breathers don’t like local craft joints or food trucks or any food that isn’t American chain food.

BTExpress likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Why, yes ! That's it.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

"They're not saying they want people to die".

People who are for lifting restrictions are advocating additional deaths. How can more contact between humans not mean more deaths? And the deaths will not only those who accept the risk of going out but also those they will infect.

I understand the argument about restarting the benefits of restarting the economy will exceed the costs of the additional deaths. Decisions like that are made all the time on smaller scales. In my freshman economics class we discussed the costs of building bridges at every railroad crossing in order to eliminate the deaths of people killed crossing the tracks. It is not cost effective to build bridges everywhere so people will continue to die at crossings.

But I would like the advocates of reopening to explain how many deaths are are they willing to accept in the tradeoff for a less restrictive society.

Mngwa and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

cools do have great taste.
    C3F80B7F-7366-4D9A-A2EE-BF7156D8AF10.jpeg

misterbc, HanSenSE and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

...and that's the point. Such a glacial growth rate settling in at the low single-digits is...well, the real problem is how mad that makes you.

Abbott, Roche, and other diagnostic players, e.g. LumiraDx, will force the pace along with the states, so it's not unreasonable to expect increased testing growth. They won't get much help to that end, though.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure @Azrael et al. would welcome you to an evening of the chef's tasting menu at Da Toscano. Kindred spirits and all that ... maybe you could volunteer to cover the tip.

Draft saved Draft deleted