1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "The Last Dance" Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PCLoadLetter, Apr 19, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't know -- living that life looked kind of miserable to me. I could absolutely see a desire to walk away and do something else for a while.

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

What makes you think Daly cared?

And they would have found another coach. Easily.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think Jordan would have kept doing one-year deals if they kept everyone together to keep the title streak going. The year they didn't win would have been when he walked away.

4. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

"Hey Rick Adelman? You busy this summer?"

Isiah's body had been through the gauntlet the past five years. Daly was probably happy to give him an extended rest after their 1st round playoff loss.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

In all the self-serving interview in what I watched so far, one thing I can believe very easily is that Jerry Reinsdorf very clinically advised Pippen not to sign the deal, but if Pippen did, not to come back looking to renegotiate.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

There was nothing tentative about the team when the Tournament of the Americas began. Once they named the team, that was it. You think if Clyde missed a few shots they’d have called Dominique?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All I can say is this. I won't say it was the happiest I ever saw Jordan in the years I covered him, but when he was first at spring training with the White Sox it was definitely the mellowest I ever saw him. I think it was a pleasure to him to be in a sports situation where as a player he was Just Another Guy. That wore off, of course, but at first the change in his attitude was striking.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I saw Jordan go 1-for-3 with an infield hit at Greenville.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

May bad. Just looked at Drexler was added to the team officially on May 12. Can anyone give me boat launch directions for Lake Fail?

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I thought the goal of the Dream Team was to win.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I completely agree.

12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

It was definitely Stockton who got the spot over Isiah, and IT cooked him for it the first time they played after the team was selected. That game didn’t end well for Isiah.

Draft saved Draft deleted