1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Muh Freeedumbs!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Other than getting massage, having my hair done whether it's a cut and color or just a cut, is the most intimate thing I do in public with someone I'm not related to.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Going to the dentist is a bit more intimate, no?

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

True. Forgot about that.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Annual physical, too. Jesus if I didn't have to do those...

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Stipulated that the gyno shoving his hands inside my body is more intimate than a haircut. But when you think about everyday things, when you're out shopping or eating or running errands, getting a haircut is pretty intimate.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

True, true. I'm going to the dentist on the 29th. I assume that they'll test temperature and O2 levels before they'll even let you back in the chair.

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My kids had a previously scheduled dentist appointment today and we decided to keep it. They came out and got them in the parking lot, everyone in masks, temp checks, staff in full protection gear including face shields (definitely not normal at this office) and then kids were brought back out through a different door. The kids said they weren't even allowed to put their hands in the after-appointment toy bin. I was not allowed into the building. No one else had an appointment during that time, at least from what I could tell from the parking lot action (we have four kids and all had appointments, so I'm guessing on the numbers measure we about took up that whole time slot). Seems about as safe as you can make it.

Cosmo likes this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My dentist has been closed since the SIP started. Just got a notice my cleaning has been cancelled. No clue yet when it will be rescheduled. Cali will start to relax Monday but I'm not sure what that means for dentists.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Dentists just started here this week (Colorado). I think they are still trying to fine tune it all, but this seemed to work OK. I had one two weeks ago cancelled. I haven't tried to reschedule yet, but probably will here soon if all looks OK. My dentist office is also doing the get you from the parking lot thing.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

There are likely a lot of people, in a lot of different types of industries, that are feeling like that right now. Who wouldn't rather make more, while not working at all, or not working as much?

The problem, though, is that unemployment benefits cannot go on indefinitely. They won't go on indefinitely.

And, there are many workers who are ineligible for unemployment, or only receive a specially designated stimulus portion of it that is only being given under the current special circumstances.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The turn your car radio up to drown out that strange noise gambit. That always works.

Justin_Rice likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted