1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Fauci is the latest pinata on Q-Anon; you're seeing the party line being distributed for free via FB.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hate to say this, but wouldn't President Christie have been better than President Trump?

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another bullshit conspiracy theory out there is Bill Gates somehow created the virus so he could fund some sort of vaccine, take away everyone's freedum by forcing them to take the vaccine and get even richer.

Which, of course, makes zero sense. Gates has a net worth of more than $102 BILLION. He's 65 years old. If he lives 20 more years to 85, he could spend $4 billion a year, which is roughly $11 million per day, on whatever the fuck he wants and still have more than $20 billion to leave to whomever or whatever he wants. Why should he devote so much time and effort just to force people to take a vaccine when he could spend it on the beach on his own private island with Melinda or a bunch of hookers?

Seriously, people are dumb.

HanSenSE, Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's why I said "at least" 3 weeks away. With my blue governor, I'm pegging June 15 as the day I'll get to make a haircut appointment (which may be so booked I won't get one till July).

At least one city in my deep blue county resisted and prevented the more-strict county-wide restrictions from being extended. So state is all we're dealing with now.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A good indicator of economic activity, freight volumes on US railroads fell more than 25% in April, worst decline in 30 years, including 17% drop in intermodal (retail imports). Norfolk Southern alone took a $385M (!) charge just for idle locomotives in the latest quarter.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Plus, one of the wacko conspiracy theories I heard is that Gates is backing a vaccine that also will contain some kind of way that would allow the government to track you.
    Again, what would be the upside to that for a guy like Bill Gates? Why would he give a fuck?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Very convincing.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Only 75,000 dead to date. It'll be 100 by Memorial Day. Fantastic.

And you fuckers have your mouths clamped firmly over his teeny toadstool. You're going down.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8 to 5 the idiot sends out a "Happy Memorial Day!" tweet.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Ironically, some of the politicians praising how he’s handled things wanted him to resign at one point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.