1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you can find one at cooldoomometer.com

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a combination of factors. Yes, NYC could have handled things better. de Blasio is a putz. Gov. Cuomo could have done things better, too. That said, NY was always going to be bad and it was always going to be source of spread to other places.

This thing was mismanaged at the federal level first. Go back through President Trump's time in office and see how he took funding and personnel away that could have helped the federal response. This is also an external threat coming into the country. The federal government has to be the first line of defense there, but you had President Trump spreading misinformation and doing very little to prepare.

That is why I am troubled by the blame being thrown at New York. Too much of it is being driven by people trying to take blame off of President Trump. I'm not saying that is what you were doing, but that is the narrative being pushed.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is now known that the virus is best spread by being in close quarters in an enclosed space, with the longer the time in said space, the more likely to suffer infection. The very device that New York City depends on most, the subway, was an ideal venue for spreading the virus.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Also, of course, the entry point for the US for the vast majority of international travelers from everywhere but the Far East. I'd love to know what the virus rate is among workers at JFK.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Plus, as I think it's been pointed out, the primary form of housing in NYC is apartment buildings where hundreds of people are literally living on top of each other. The entire way the city is designed makes it a breeding ground for a disease like this.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Heroes of the Pandemic: Gabriel Moreno.
    There's video on the link.

Man Climbs Under Moving Big Rig Filled With Wine, Begins Drinking From Tank

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If he can hack ballot boxes running Windows XP, he really is God.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is quite sad. Dude had to be wasted before he went on this expedition.
    I'm not sure whether the video itself or the comment from the Highway Patrol supervisor about all-time ranking of crazy radio calls was more amazing.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same with what the virus rate is at SFO and LAX.

Draft saved Draft deleted