1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

After this weekend, which is supposed to be unseasonably cold, this would be worth a study. I suspect it might be so popular that social distancing would be difficult to manage.

2. tapintoamerica

Dabo Swinney and Mike Gundy approve.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

To eat, I think you're right.

That haircut tho...

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What other purpose is for when it's Twitter? It's an argument for the guy's column more than it is for Twitter.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

These days, Frogger is the safer option.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I can hear the Frogger music in my head now.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What can I say
    Except you’re welcome

8. tapintoamerica

Here's the problem for colleges: If they open back up and Trumpandemic 2.0 hits, what do they do? Their choices are to send everybody back home -- for the second consecutive semester -- or encourage them to stay, thereby incurring a risk of campus-wide spread and litigation from those infected. Some who otherwise embrace the Trumpist/Fox News view that we should accept death as the cost of generally opening up the country might have a different view when their kids are suddenly at risk.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Google has told its employees to expect to work from home until next year. That's not a optimistic projection.

10. tapintoamerica

Before this hit, I used to wonder why states had licensure requirements for hair stylists. No longer.
    As the great Billy Bragg once said, "Don't try this at home."

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, but it feels very realistic. You can always come out earlier if the stats warrant it... but I'm not counting on it.

We're going to have to continue to deal with this thing until either an effective treatment or a vaccine is found.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I hear ya. Yeah. I think colleges are saying they'll hold in-person classes now so parents don't pull their students for a year.

I'm saying the crisis coming to higher ed will be a game-changer in the narrative.

Draft saved Draft deleted