1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Indeed! That would help alleviate the current disaster immensely! Where can I sign up for your newsletter?

Last edited: May 8, 2020
    lakefront and Jerry-atric like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Does this mean she was already cheating on new hubby by banging the Navy valet?

lakefront likes this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I am only saying it could be an option. If you were a sexual assault survivor it might be difficult to vote for VP Biden or Trump, with both having allegations. I am not saying I would do so. It is my worry, which is why I brought it up.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get your point. I just think it is a terrible idea for anybody. If you're not going to vote for someone who can win, why bother?

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

That is true. Maybe some people will simply stay home, or choose to only vote in their local elections. I believe Ms. Reade, but I wish she would have come out with her assault allegations much earlier when other candidates were competing for the nomination. I do feel bad saying that about a victim/survivor, but a lot is at stake in the election.

7. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

You believe her bs story about being "grabbed by the p" when it's Trump who has said he did that. How f'n convenient her story is. No thanks.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This is the coronavirus thread.
    There is already a politics thread.

lakefront, Inky_Wretch, SFIND and 7 others like this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Sorry about that.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You are right to say they need to explain what they mean by "if daily death rates continue."
    If they're talking about the average daily death count since the date of the first confirmed death, we're talking about an average of 1,081 a day. That puts us at 500,000 on or about June 3, 2021 by my math. If you go by the past 20 days -- the time period after NYC retroactively added thousands of newly discovered/coded deaths to its count -- the daily average in that span is 1,944. That gets us to 500,000 on Dec. 12, 2020.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

2021 starts in feb ends in June. 2021b starts in November 2022 starts on time.

Draft saved Draft deleted