1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Another good question I'm sure people are working on, but obviously it's hard to research.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She's definitely all in for President Trump, but I'm not sure that has anything to do with her medical license. Your vulgar response doesn't help matters.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

PS: This condition had better stay rare. If fears of it become widespread, parents won't let schools reopen and therefore nothing will reopen.

SFIND and lakefront like this.
  4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

President Pelosi

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ooof. This shit storm that would follow would make the "open up the economy, Paaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuuul!" kvetching seem like a walk in the park.

WriteThinking and SFIND like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It came for the old people but I was not old so I did not stay home, then it came for my kids...

(and please let these cases be a fluke, fuck)

SFIND likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hypothetically this scenario could lead us to President Pelosi.

lakefront likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Maybe with a division of Marines backing her.

lakefront likes this.
  10. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

If so, I think Silver would have written "their most new cases per capita yesterday" rather than "the most...yesterday." Also, look at the New York number. That's below the average number of New York cases per million per day over the last three months, so it can't be the state's most ever in a day. The same looks to be true for New Jersey.

If you assume that the ranking reflects reasonably similar testing rates (which I'm not sure about), then it looks like most of the states on that list are the same ones that have been hard-hit all along. NY, NJ, & Louisiana are much lower than their overall rank, and I assume that South Dakota and Nebraska have just tested some meatpacking plants, but otherwise, it's pretty much the same states.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So there are no social-distancing or other restrictions on restaurants in Colorado?

Draft saved Draft deleted