1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just saw a commercial where a guy dressed in an Amazon uniform was making a home delivery for a kid. It didn’t mention home delivery by Amazon, but that was clearly what was going on. I’ve never known Amazon to do that and certainly not by uniformed employees. I wonder if Bezos is about to put USPS out of business.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I personally think China, while clearly to blame for many things involving the virus, didn't do it to wreck our economy or the worldwide economy. Theirs is tied to ours and while they may still be communists in name, they've found they like many aspects of capitalism, such as making money.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

We just got dumber reading that sorry excuse that passes for a sentence.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Every AMZ delivery we get here in SoCal comes from a person wearing AMZ gear and driving a Prime truck.

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

OK. We don't have that here. They are either USPS or UPS here depending on the size of the package.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same here in Florida. I can’t remember the last time I bought something via Amazon that wasn’t delivered by an Amazon-branded subcontractor.

They’re supposed to be averaging one delivery every three minutes, which is shitty.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    grammarly said the porridge was just right and i don't think i made grammerly more dumber in fact it's very engaged i think she likes me

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You missed your medication this morning, didn't you?

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Question #1
    President X is warned multiple times of a pandemic in January of a presidential election year. He ignores it for two months and the pandemic hits, causing a huge death toll. He repeatedly praises the dictator of the country of origin in order to preserve a worthless trade deal he pursued to cover up for his disastrous tariff policies. In the next several months, President X does nothing to increase testing, contact tracing, PPE availability or vaccine development. The death toll climbs.

Without any federal guidance, private businesses begin en masse to cancel big events and states start to place restrictions on commercial and public spaces. A fearful public mostly withdraws from life outside their homes and the economy crashes.

Does the president deserve re-election?

A. Yes
    B. No
    C. If a Republican, yes
    D. Not enough information to determine the answer (ie the color of the president's skin)

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think it's funny that people don't get DSD' schtick ...

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I saw three AMZ trucks in 10 min. delivering on our side of town the other day.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same in the Denver metro area, but then again, we've got a handful of warehouses, including distribution centers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.