1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Over here in the UK, they're relaxing lock-down a little bit. Basically you can go to work and do a lot of outdoorsy stuff, go to parks, work in the garden.... on an "unlimited" basis.

Part of the guidance says you can "use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course..."

Social distancing basketball is probably a high scoring affair.

Michael_ Gee and Jerry-atric like this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I've voted for far more Democrats than I have Republicans in my life. I happen to have been in a Congressional district that, over the years, has not produced serious Democratic candidates. A few were in the "troubled" category.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One has to appreciate going from idiotic, to not really stupid enough, to failing to engage intelligently in the span of three sentences.

I get it, oop. I'm a liar and a fool. I am not worth your time.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When you constantly attack liberals while claiming you vote for them, it is hard to believe what you post.

You also edited my post and you did it in a way that changed some of the meaning, so that also brings your integrity into question.

Here is what I actually wrote.

Translation: You can't or won't support your point.

Part of the problem is most of us don't believe what you post about your motivations or who you vote for. Your constant attacks on liberals/Democrats make that impossible to believe.

Anybody who claims the other side just hates America is being an idiot.

Your response to daemon's analogy was idiotic. I don't think you are really stupid enough to misunderstand his point that badly, but maybe you did. Either it sailed way over your head or you went for the cheap line rather than engaging intelligently.

Your editing job mangled the meaning. I said that anyone who just dismisses the other side as hating America is being an idiot. I guess your response was an acknowledgement of what you do? Anybody who disagrees with Alma's view of America hates America?

I wrote that you weren't stupid enough to actually believe he saw this country as his child.

I wrote that your decision to respond to him that way was a refusal to engage intelligently.

Next time, try actually responding to the post as it is written rather than editing it and hoping nobody notices.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Why are so many people at Red Lobster? Is that the Mother's Day spot of choice? Did they have some crazy deal they didn't plan well enough for? So much bizarre every day any more!

Fred siegle and HanSenSE like this.
  9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

LOL
    Red Lobster.

When you really care about Mom.

Fred siegle and Roscablo like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can’t leave out Olive Garden.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I waited for an hour after my pick-up time yesterday night and I thanked the delivery person to my car for being open.

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

It's interesting when you think about it.

When restaurants are mostly about filling a dining room, there's a clear choke point protecting the kitchen: Only so many people can be seated at once.

But when it's online, literally all of us can call and order at the same time.

It's basically the exact same reason we had to flatten the curve, except instead of hospitals, it's the kitchen staff.

Draft saved Draft deleted