1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm not a big twitter fan, but this may be my favorite twitter feed ever

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Olive Garden has also been running TV ads promoting a two-entrees-for-the-price-of-one special. If you're not bringing much money home, that's a ton of food that can last for days.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. poindexter

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What's wrong with being the CFO of a mid-size floor tile company?

(I'd give the man his food, BTW)

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

You seem to hate when people allege to know your motivations better than you do, but don't you see how you are doing the same thing when you allege that other people hate their country, regardless of "whatever they say about how much they love America"? It's the exact same thing. People insist they love their country, you insist their words suggest otherwise. You insist you don't harbor right wing sympathies, people insist your words suggest otherwise. What's the difference? You know their true motivation better than they know yours?

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Seems that guy had some journo chops in the past, it showed. Also, the Olive Garden near me closed two years ago and has yet to be rented. Also also, their TV ads drive me crazy, with the cheery female millenial voice-over pronouncing it "Olive GAR-DEN, sted of Olive Gard'n like most humans.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Is that the one in Monroeville?

8. Regan MacNeil

Never mind. Just realized it's the one by Ross Park Mall. That's actually the one we go to.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Red Lobster, in Maine? Must be like Applebee's anywhere else.

10. poindexter

I believe they said it was in Karensville.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd be going there any more. I get being overwhelmed, but to have people wait for hours and suddenly send them home with nothing? It seems like they should have been communicating with customers a lot better than that a lot earlier.

It is really odd. Y'all must be pretty close to where we lived before moving to NY. We were right off McKnight road just a few minutes North of Ross Park Mall.

12. Regan MacNeil

We actually live in Sharpsburg, but most of the commerce is elsewhere. Although Aspinwall has a really nice Giant Eagle, which helps.

I wish the mall in Tarentum wasn't an abandoned wasteland. That's much closer.

Draft saved Draft deleted