1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

No one is even talking about the long-term viability of assisted living facilities. That shit ain't just going to magically bounce back.

These were some of the safest investments around prior to mid-March.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As someone smarter than me noted yesterday on Twitter, are we supposed to exclude cancer patients from car accident deaths? What about if you die in a lifelight helicopter crash on the way to a heart transplant, should your death be listed as "heart attack?"

Do we really want to live in a society where "underlying conditions" means "you deserve to die so I can get riblets at Applebee's?"

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ever stop to think that California is a progressive state full of wealthy people precisely because the rich here don't think the selfish way you do?

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is perfect hindsight...and adds nothing.

In March nobody knew this. If we did, we would’ve acted accordingly. We still don’t know this as a fact that it’s only old people at risk. Even accepting this 92%, what about the 8%? 8% of what?

we still don’t know how to stop it.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

High blood pressure. Age over 60. Immune impaired. Smoker/COPD/emphysema. That's a few more easy ones.

How many people on this board does this touch? Should they all hurry up and die? How does letting Granny (and the rest of us) die actually help the situation? Will sacrificing enough Grannys sate the thirst of the Cornavirus so it goes away?

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Don't use the riblets at Applebee's line on me. Its cute but not what I am talking about. I will say it again. I do feel very badly for hairdressers, barbers, tailors and dentists who want to work.
    If you don't want to work, stay home. Leave your Amazon packages on the porch for three days. Fire your gardener for not disenfecting your shoes before cutting your back yard (my 35 year old niece literally did this) HAVE AT IT.

8. poindexter

That is unforgiveable.

9. poindexter

I don't have any problem with what was enacted in March. None. We had no idea what was in store. We are now two months in in California (and I am only speaking about California. Not meat packing in the midwest. Not NYC).

We now have two months data - THE DEATHS ARE IN ASSISTED LIVING CENTERS. AND WITH OLD PEOPLE. WHOSE HEALTH SUCKS.

JFC. Can we quit acting like this disease hits everyone the same? You guys being obstinate on purpose?

10. poindexter

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Fine. Let them turn it down... and die.

I grew up reading S/F writer Robert Heinlein, who said this on the subject:

“Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.”

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. poindexter

Draft saved Draft deleted