1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

maybe you should quarantine for trump derangement syndrome because you should educate yourself before posting something like this our president signed an executive order for the meatpacking plants which means they can't get the chinese virus this is just more lies to destroy our beautiful economy and sabotage our president by the way you can't spell like without marie myung-ok lee

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Quit acting like younger and healthier people who refuse to take common sense precautions like wearing a mask, or the "I want to eat at a restaurant" and "I need a haircut" crowd aren't going to kill thousands of older people, or diabetics, or heart patients, or cancer patients, or people with high blood pressure, or whatever other pre-existing condition a huge chunk of the population has.

It's not a matter of it hitting everyone the same, it's that people who would normally be simply considered self-centered or rude can now kill people who are doing their best to ride this out and get out the other end alive. Good manners and consideration for others are usually the social grease that makes societies run smoother - but during a pandemic ignoring them can literally kill other people.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  3. Neutral Corner

D-Day, I like you and some of these posts have made me laugh... but they wear on me. I don't read Trump's bullshit tweets because I don't need the aggro, but I get it anyhow. The joke has gotten stale. I don't want to put you on ignore, but it's really starting to grate on my nerves. Sorry to say it, but I had to. Any chance you can dial it back some?

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Oh being in CA I’m feeling it. But I’m trying to be obstinate, I’m just concerned that we don’t know how to treat it. It’s like you could get a brain aneurysm tomorrow (which is almost always fatal; I’ve lost two people that way) do want to take that chance? I’m in an area of 1.1M and we’re getting 12 new cases a day and hospitals are ghost towns. I get it.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If true, fuck 'em. They're too stupid to be allowed to breed.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There is another person who said "they're just old" "they're just mentally handicapped" "they just have a debilitating disease" "we have to focus on those who make us strong. If the weak die, they die for the betterment of the people and the state."
    300,000 died from this attitude.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Never said any of this.
    For fuck's sake.
    Never said any of this.

You're in your own little world. GTF off twitter.

8. Neutral Corner

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Old people are dying as it stands. In droves.
    The first wave off the boats in Normandy had a better chance than the sitting ducks residing at elderly-care facilities in California.

But making sure Dominos has contactless pizza delivery and keeping the park parking lots closed is going to save them.

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Sigh. I don't think anybody's saying that. Certainly nobody on this board. It might be time for a break, @Neutral Corner ... it sure helped me for a day or two to fold up the laptop and find something, ANYTHING else to do. My kitchen, as an example, has been cleaner than it has been for literally years because I took all my nervous energy and anger and directed it at one of the few things over which I have actual control. (And how DOES all that shit get underneath the oven, anyway?)

I completely understand all the frustration. My girlfriend finally said it out loud yesterday: "If I get this, I'll die." She's 52, overweight, struggles with hypertension, and smoked for a long time (although she doesn't anymore.) My ex-wife, the mother of my children, is a nurse practitioner working a contract gig in NYC right now and she's seeing the worst of everything every day, and that's stressful for everybody in my family.

We all understand there are risks. But from my seat in South Carolina, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about how someone in Montana or California handles his or her social distancing. And it really, truly does help me to turn off the spigot of information every once in a while, take a deep breath, and do something around the house that shows a tangible result and makes me feel like I checked something off a list. I wish somebody had suggested I do that a few days sooner.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

poindexter-
    I didn't believe this affected people the same before 28-year-old crossfitters began dropping dead in NYC. We just don't know enough about it.

The doctors are horrified by some of the collateral organ damage to the liver and kidneys.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

we're over 100 cases now, and several deaths

Draft saved Draft deleted