1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Define “rushing.”

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Open everything with no limits tomorrow, like Wisconsin wants.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

A portion of football seldom employed by the WAC teams of the 1980s.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

What does "no limits" mean?

Does it mean no precautions? Everything business as normal?

When my hair salon opens, employees will be wearing masks, as will customers. You cannot enter the building until you are called and told they are ready for you.

How will this endanger ANYONE?

It was bad enough being a granny-killer for selfishly making an appointment at one of these places. Now we're child-killers, too.

And you wonder why there's so much backlash.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reopening everything ASAP with no restrictions - as the people protesting want.

(I went to a grocery store today for a couple things we couldn’t get at WM pickup. I was the only customer wearing a mask out of the 25 or so other shoppers. A local concert promoter is holding one Friday - in violation of the Governor’s cease and desist. When C19 hits here, it’s going to be rough.)

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure most will be happy to compromise and say "keep whatever social distancing safety precautions you feel are necessary in these businesses---JUST OPEN THEM."

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Have you seen the videos of maskless people not social distancing in various places? They don’t want precautions. They want a time machine back to February.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

The good news so far ... a lot of businesses in Milwaukee have no interest in opening up in the next few days.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Reopening without following the CDC guidelines, particularly the part about 14 consecutive days of declining positive tests.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. doctorquant

My mother is 76 years old. A couple weeks before the shit went down her right incisor broke into pretty much nothing. She wrote a check for a couple grand for a nice crown ... but she’s still eating Dinty Moore ready-made dinners 14X a week because she can’t chew anything else and her dentist can’t reopen.

But ... riblets or something.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

As I noted earlier, I went to a dentist for a tooth extraction here in SoCal earlier this week. Hmmmm.....

12. doctorquant

Well, I’ll sleep so much better tonight knowing that.

Draft saved Draft deleted