1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

1). Do those articles make you think or consider a viewpoint you haven't previously considered?

2). You ever notice that the "both sides" people probably don't talk about how bad "both sides" are when they're among like-minded people? It's almost as if they want you to agree, say both parties are the same and stay home while they vote for their guy.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The unfollow button has been a life saver. Finally had to block one person who kept filling my instant messenger with crackpot videos, but the unfollow has been nice.

3. Smallpotatoes

I use the unfollow button, too.

TowelWaver and Spartan Squad like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My next goal is to get banned from the Neighborhood Watch page I follow so I can finally stop getting into Facebook fights.

And I said banned rather than just quitting because I'm going for Facebook Ban Bingo

OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes, especially with RMNP set to start reopening here in the next week or so. Estes has been on total lockdown, though not until after Memorial Day weekend, the traditional reopening of Trail Ridge Road that connects the east and west entrances of the park.

But there will be shuttle buses as part of the reopening.

Roscablo likes this.
  6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Another thing that will be interesting moving forward is people even going state to state, like one state that's not so open, to another that really is. I've already heard of baseball teams in Colorado, where seasons are looking iffy at best, almost looking to take up residency in places like Wyoming and South Dakota where there are few restrictions. How are things like that going to impact those places?

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Harvard Med School cancels in-person classes for fall.

But send your kids back to school!

SFIND likes this.
  8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I often look at the url or give it a quick glance to try and see how legitimate it is and then search a little if I feel like it is worthy of that. With the Plandemic crap I knew it was shit right away because I had already read up on the lady from one of these stories from a few days before. If there is something from a legit source, I'll read it and think about it. We all should, honestly. It's the too far one way or the other stuff that is scary and there is way too much of that out there right now.

They of course don't have a different view points usually, and I guess that's OK if they are respectful because that works all ways. I hate the manipulative I'm not trying to be political or I want us to think about everything viewpoints, though. That was especially prevalent with the Plandemic one. Yet none of those people really looked into it, just posted it as fact. I will give credit to one of my friends who used the open our minds line with it. He backtracked on it when it really came out that it was bunk. He still encouraged everyone to keep open minds, though, which I suppose we should. At least with properly sourced stuff.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Those flags touched the ground. Why do they hate America?

garrow, HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Harvard (the rest of it), NYU and Columbia are going to announce this in the next couple of weeks if not sooner.

Something to look for: A lot of places -- particularly private schools with geographic diversity -- are going to have students on campus in August, break for Thanksgiving and not bring the populace back until late January. The end of fall semester and exams will be remote. Reason: If you disperse kids to NYC, Boston, etc., and then bring them back after Thanksgiving, there may be a problem. Trumpandemic 2.0 may be poised to attack. Return of social distancing for a few weeks and then -- they hope -- it will be OK for a return to normalcy. The Spring Break industry will be crushed.

HanSenSE likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I generally make it a personal rule not to discuss politics and religion with friends or people I know when I’m online, although some do see my posts or tweets.

Total strangers, on the other hand ...

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Draft saved Draft deleted