1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

BTExpress likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

more tests = more cases. This is the simplest math ever.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

the president, the governor and the mayor all tried to kill me

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"reopen"

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

It's terrible and hurts to hear that and I can't imagine all the stories out there. But this is what a chaos loving malignant narcissist gets us. I hope we learn all the lessons that we should be learning from this.

TowelWaver likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's an extremely long story with some very good reporting in it and, at its center, an anonymous, clearly disgruntled "city official" who provides some valuable context. It's worth a read and a lot of chewing after that.

Cuomo and BDB did make mistakes - no question - but here's where, again, I'll defend them a little bit: They just didn't know how bad it could be. This isn't "Osama Bin Laden has been a known bad dude for 20 years, and we still had our thumbs up our ass on 9/11" (which, we did). This is a thing that moved fast and came attached with bad intel from China and hit NYC and parts West of China - especially Europe - than it did the other direction.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yet the media consistently keeps reporting a higher number cases like its a scoreboard.

Draft saved Draft deleted