1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Remember when report of a decline in cases in Georgia was met with "Just wait! It takes 2-3 weeks for these to be reported!"

Guess things move pretty fast in Wisconsin. :rolleyes:

Can we quit linking Aaron Rupar tweets? Guy has as many (indirect) posts here as reigning sj.com champion dooley_womack1.

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That’s literally what we’re doing. None of us are policy makers. (I think.)

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The stakes are different for those of us who have children than they are for those who don't. It is a relevant question that you are dodging just for the sake of being you.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Exactly. That's even more sensitive than making an offering of granny to the Covid gods. People who have children are going to have an *entirely* different mindset, because when it's your kid thrown on the altar you get kind of focused.

They'll work out what to do about school. It may be that this will be a largely wasted year until we establish and build systems. Kids lived through the London Blitz, etc.

5. outofplace

It is a risk to the children and their families. Schools spread disease. This is not news. All parents know this. We know our children will bring something home and we're most likely going to get it, too. That's part of the deal. The stakes are just a bit higher now.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Proclaim your stakes. Nobody said you couldn’t. You think if you pooled together all the parents in America and asked them about in-person school in the fall - not now but in the fall - you wouldn’t get a majority?

7. Neutral Corner

I worked peds for fifteen years. You ain't tellin' me nothing.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Who knows? I know plenty of people who are totally unsuited to home schooling and want the kids back in school. Opinions will vary, what a surprise. It wasn't that I don't agree that something needs to be figured out, it's that you were a bit too casual about doing it on the first reference.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. outofplace

I honestly don't know. As Neutral suggested, it's likely you will get a wide range of opinions.

My point was that the question of whether or not you have children is absolutely relevant.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 17, 2020
    SFIND likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Of course parents want their children back in school.

What's your plan?

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted