1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Just think how ridiculously low the SEC Country numbers would be if not for people bringing it there from New York. :)

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Must you blame Jarrett Guarantano for everything?

BTExpress likes this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Larimer County wants lighter coronavirus restrictions. See the plan for gyms, restaurants and more

This is what my county is going to do with eased restrictions if the state accepts their wavier request. Eased. I am mostly curious regarding summer sports and activities, looks like a no go, but man. Some things are goofy, like practice is OK, but games aren't. And no shared equipment. How many teams are really able to play with zero shared equipment? Pools can be open for lessons, but not open swims or recreation. That I sort of see because there is more control, but another interesting one.

I've always been for the better safe than sorry approach, but it's going to be a long summer. Interesting to see where things are in a month or so with things like this.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And the same people who don't refer to people as who...

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

hope for the best; prepare for the worst.

6420de7c14c360be00d6a3d1c0302de2.png

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Great fucking point.

The party of personal responsibility should give New York the proverbial middle finger and celebrate their freedom by not expending one ounce of effort to prevent a pandemic from further spread.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

cookin the books

Woman who designed Florida's COVID-19 dashboard has been removed from her position

As Florida starts to reopen, the architect and manager of Florida's COVID-19 dashboard, announced she'd been removed from her position, Florida Today reported.

Rebekah Jones said in an email to CBS12 News that her removal was "not voluntary" and that she was removed from her position because she was ordered to censor some data, but refused to "manually change data to drum up support for the plan to reopen."

12. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I know some individual case demographic information provided by medical examiners to the state is no longer being made public. I wish she had said exactly what data she had been asked to change, whether it was this more granular detail (which is part of public records and not protected by any FOIA exception) or that she was asked create false numbers for tests, positive cases or deaths.

However, I have not had any problems accessing the dashboard or the backup detail, which I have been looking at regularly for weeks. There is now a link to the backup data, making it easier to find. The backup data is broken down in even more ways. The charts in the backup detail don’t foot, I think because of different treatment of nonresidents in different charts and inclusion of retests in some, but not all, test numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted