1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If there's one way to get across to Alabamans that Coronavirus is something to be concerned about, this is it.

"More than 10 people have tested positive for COVID-19, according to people familiar with the outbreak, but the number could be much higher. With so many exposures and a lack of transparency about the outbreak, there is a fear that more positive cases linked to the job site are inevitable. The large number of positive tests means, essentially, everyone at the job site could have been exposed."

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Not usually shocked at what he says, usually expected, but this is a new level of self owning projection. This one has to be in the top 10.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But, but I thought if you were outside you wouldn't catch it....

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just keep those infected guys the hell away from UAB's new stadium. Please.

Public Player

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Maybe Army's Lonely End thing will make a comeback.

Baron Scicluna and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It is probable they were working inside of bathrooms and concession stands or other enclosed areas. It is also common for construction workers to “hit the bar” after a long day’s work together.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Man that comment is so jif

9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I didn't like this story on youth sports in Colorado. Bunch of selfish, excuse making people if you ask me. I want my kids to play too if it is safe and we figure things out, but some of this is dumb. Youth sports aren't being ignored or forgotten about. They are part of the whole issue of all of this, just like every other business or activity.

The Triple Crown guy is totally for profit (big time sports organization in my town) and is certainly losing a lot by not playing. Also, I have a hard time believing 13 fast food restaurants fit on a softball field. The more people in Wal-Mart crowd is starting to sound like what about the flu people.

SFIND and MileHigh like this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It's time to put to rest the idea that cases are largely confined to nursing home. According to the NYT's list of clusters of ≥ 50 cases, nursing homes, rehab facilities and all other medical facilities outside of hospitals account for half of the clusters' case count but only 3.3% of the total case count.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, Triple Crown is huge in the state. I get it: They want to play. And his plan might work fine. The story -- shockingly -- was short on in-depth details.

Draft saved Draft deleted