1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think we can agree that a national goal is to help ensure that the Class of 2021 doesn’t have its senior year ravaged as your daughter’s special year was. Or to help ensure her first college year is better and closer to normal than the year just concluded.
    As a country, we’re going to have to decide what we are willing to accept. How bad is bad enough?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah ... no.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have never once complained about being inconvenienced. BECAUSE I HAVEN'T BEEN! Unless that's how you describe a couple of "OMG I may need to order one of those Flowbee" remarks I made in jest a while back. I've been a crowd-avoider years before it became cool.

That's where you and so many others go completely off the rails here. I remain "concerned" about the economy of our nation. What rational person isn't? But complaining about being inconvenienced? No, ma'am.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Of course, you OTOH found reason the other day to come to this board and shame a woman, horrors of all horrors, driving IN HER CAR!!!! while wearing a mask. As if her wearing a mask personally pained you.

5. TigerVols

Yep. The funeral homes are empty...102,000 funerals would have sent a message.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just dropped by Publix. It's our higher end grocery store. It has a better selection of groceries and generally a better class of customer.
    You'd think its customer base would be the one doing what it's supposed to do.
    WRONG.
    The store staff and I were about the only people wearing masks.

7. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Back in late March, I saw similar figures for the huge city I live in. And I was like "Eh. That's nothing. What's the big fuss about?"

You never quite grasp how quickly figures grow exponentially until you see it. Alabama is teetering on the brink there, if not fallen over already.

8. BTExpress

I shamed her for cutting me off.

I found it ironic she was wearing a mask, as that's supposed to be the signal that "I care for the safety and well-being of my fellow man and am not a selfish asshole."

My point entirely was NOT to judge a person's character by their face coverings (or lack thereof).

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I feel as safe at our Publix as I do in any enclosed public space. They're visibly systematically careful with regard to viral prevention.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Rt is climbing steadily. It's coming.

11. BTExpress

I was in Food Lion yesterday. Our "lower-end" grocer. About 80 percent wearing masks. Pretty impressive, I thought.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  12. TigerVols

I'm sure you've been cut off in the past without feeling the need to comment about it on this board. Her mask had no bearing on the "incident."

Draft saved Draft deleted