1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    unless....

Donny in his element likes this.
  2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Britt Hume says chill, dude:

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Testing, testing, testing

[​IMG]

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, oddly enough, I was at Ingles earlier in the week, and most folks had them on. That's what surprised me about Publix.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'll repeat ... I am not bemoaning losses that I or my family have incurred (although my daughter crying because it was the first time she'd seen another teenager in two months was pretty bad). But I know a lot of run-of-the-mill folks who've taken some pretty hard licks involving things that meant a helluva lot to them, and it pisses me off when that all gets lumped into "but riblets" sneering.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OK, but who's doing that lumping? I've seen the riblets and haircut people called out, but I'm not seeing much beyond that. Maybe I've missed the posts doing that? It's entirely possible.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The best reason for listening to Brit Hume about masks is not medical.

This isn't an opinion. All of the evidence we have, based on scientific study, is that masks, even homemade cloth masks, reduce disease transmission by reducing the velocity and radius of aerosol droplets emitted when someone breathes, talks, coughs or sneezes.

That tweet is just ignorant.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

He's not ignorant. He's a baleful troll.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

See the "muh freedom" and "this isn't that fucking hard," etc., posts from any number of the board's leading lights. Perhaps I've wrongly inferred such in some instances ... tone's a dicey thing in a medium such as this ... but I haven't gone 0-fer.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dammit, we LOVE Ingles. Closest one is 31 miles away.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Doc, I walked out of a Walmart yesterday. Guy was turned away at the door because he was without a mask and he loudly bitched about it as he walked back to his car behind me. I talk about it because people like that are part of my reality.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It's the complete opposite where I live.

I don't think you can pin a grocer, but Wal Mart does have someone out front as does Home Depot. Those are the only two I have seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted