1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The plans, as I read this, only include the Lee statue at this point. No word yet on the others. Right?

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I want to circle back to this.

The Umbrella Man in mn clearly showed a white dude with a plan. Find that fucker. And the white dude in the video I linked starting fires.

I firmly believe there were more like them. Yes, locals did damage as well, but there was a coordinated effort here.

Maybe law enforcement is so fubar that it will all slip in to the ether.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. I didn't mean Ted Turner, I meant Turner Sports, which is still part of the CNN umbrella. Also, Wolf Blitzer is such a complete dope he may not have known about what Brees said.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cops can kneel and hug and that's all good. But keep electing union bosses like this? And none of it matters. Granted, a union boss's job is to fight for members and keep them in jobs - but it should also be about keeping them safe, and keeping bad cops in uniform who heighten the risk (and jobs) of others is bad business.

AFL-CIO joins call for Mpls. Police Union's Bob Kroll to resign

5. hickory_smoke

hickory_smoke Member

The state controls the Lee Monument, while the city oversees the others. Mayor Stoney will enter a removal plan on July 1, the first day municipalities can deal with monuments under the new state law allowing them to do so.

Cosmo and tapintoamerica like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10 busloads of soldiers. 10!

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Still compensating for tiny hands.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I expected tanks and Bradleys.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think Drew Brees said exactly what he wanted to say. It may have not been the correct opinion, but it was not clumsily-worded. He meant it.

It’d be more accurate, if one so chose, to say “Because of what he said, Drew Brees is an immoral human being.”

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

505B6DAE-F32E-4414-8C41-86D5203E178E.jpeg

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Immoral? Not necessarily. Clueless and opposed to the entire meaning of the US Constitution out of ignorance? Definitely.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Bunk brings it in this thread. Worth a click and read.

Machine Head, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted