1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Drew Brees is now sorry. (I don’t think it helps him much since he meant what he said).

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

someone needs to explain to frontier epidemiologist and lice-control expert Clay Travis that Drew Brees expressed his opinion.

Having heard him do do, thousands of other Americans then expressed theirs.

The system works.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stoney wants the other ones down. Not sure he'll get it. The Stonewall Jackson and JEB Stuart statues are not nearly the racial flashpoint that the Lee statue is, so it makes sense to tackle that one first. Put it in a museum. It doesn't belong as a centerpiece out in the city. EDIT: Shoutout to the poster who mentioned the other statues are under city control.

If I hear one more of these people say "you're trying to erase our history," I'm going to go insane. You don't erase history. It's there. But you don't glorify it, either, especially when it comes to leading a traitorous charge against the U.S. government. Do we have statues of Hitler everywhere?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is like “The Minority Report” movie.

6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Brees hasn’t scrambled like this since his freshman year at Purdue.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    OMAHA! OMAHA!

[​IMG]
    HOMINA! HOMINA!

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn’t buy the “I think of my grandfathers when I hear the anthem” bullshit? You ever look around at people while they’re singing the National anthem? 80 percent of them are just getting through it. They’re day dreaming. They’re looking around. They’re reading the scoreboard. They’re checking out the woman’s tits a row down. They’re not passionately involved. It’s why this whole thing about Kaepernick being “disrespectful” is so fucking stupid. You could eliminate the playing of the National Anthem completely and half the crowd wouldn’t realize until the game was almost over - if they realized at all.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Jemele Hill noted likewise.

The problem for Brees may be that he was fake going in. Now he has to fake his way out, too.

10. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I wish the end result of this would be the end of the anthem before sporting events. Why is it played anyway?

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I think of such things during the national anthem.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I used to go take a leak during the national anthem, but that's because between covering 70 minor league baseball games and about 50 college sporting events in a given year, the song sort of lost its luster.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted