1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Whitlock's main problem isn't timing. It's that his entire career at this point is being the black guy who absolutely HATES black people, and he just got dropped by the one place that greatly values that role.

He can go tap dance for OAN but the paycheck won't pay the grocery bill.

2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

White House OAN correspondent Jason Whitlock?

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Agree with all of that.

Fox is where latent self-loathing thrives.

The funniest thing is Jason always said he was losing opportunities over his weight.

He was constantly proving you can still get jobs even if you're heavy and an asshole.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dinn told me his grandfather built the Astrodome.

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

This is some good subtle snark here.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m totally serious. That’s what the man said.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Oh I know. He makes sure everyone knows about it. Very modest guy. Ask the MLB.commers still dancing jigs of joy.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Yeah I just don't see his foray into self-employment going well. That market for a Black conservative voice is getting saturated.

The one guy that just left a post that I am interested in seeing where he heads is Spencer Hall. He has a pretty strong following. I could see him and some of those other former SBNation/Banner Society guys doing stuff that will get some traction. They have a book coming out. Seem to be well regarded people. I loved the Shutdown Fullcast and the other one that was like Podcast Ain't Played Nobody or something.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Hall has the writing talent to work just about anywhere.

It's probably time for him to leave sports, though. He was getting esoteric.

HappyCurmudgeon likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A college football season without Spencer would be worse than one without fans. Vox was always a weird fit for those guys, but SOMEBODY could give them a home and gain an audience with them.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gotta admit that I started checking out on his stuff a year or two back.

Draft saved Draft deleted