1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

At some point Whitlock becomes a #30for30 ... "WTF, Jason?"

I've been here 17 years and Something Something Whitlock has been one of the few constants and probably always will be.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Some of the best, most-heartfelt commentary I've heard on the George Floyd death is from sports talk hosts who happen to be former athletes and don't really need the radio gig - it just gets them out of the house. When you hear them talking about having "the talk" with their sons - that the kid might live in a million dollar home and go to a nice school and a spotless record, but if they are out and about - the cop just sees a young black kid (and if he's got a nice car and nice clothes? well you know what that means).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

This is as far as I got and just gave up:

"I’m the only person in the world who could have a thoughtful, meaningful, and enjoyable conversation with Colin Cowherd and Uncle Jimmy."

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well, I can’t disagree, though I’ve never heard him and Cowherd together. I am sure I’ve never heard anyone else have a meaningful, enjoyable conversation with Cowherd, though.

6. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Who the hell is Uncle Jimmy and why would I care if Whitlock can have a meaningful conversation with him?

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Whitlock always viewed himself as the successor to Ralph Wiley.

That's what a lot of that garbage interview is about.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Whitlock is about as close to Wiley as I am to Ring Lardner.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He's becoming the Octavio Dotel of sportswriting ... how many teams publications/entities is that now?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Haha but teammates LIKED Dotel, Mike Morgan, Todd Zeile, etc!

11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

They offered him a two-year extension at the same salary and he walked, in this climate. SMH. I can't imagine any scenario where he's making the same rate. And JFC, he called himself a home run hitter. He is beyond delusional. And I actually like a lot of what he says, or at least his willingness to say it.

SFIND likes this.
  12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Boogie,

It's good to see you back. Hope you are doing well.

HappyCurmudgeon and CD Boogie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted