1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I've thought of taking a road trip around my state this summer and see a lot of parks and wildlife areas that have long been on my list.

Only thing that gives me pause is trusting restaurants for a week. Thinking of sticking to chains; they seem to be doing better mask/glove wise in the anecdotal evidence I've gotten from others and my 4-5 personal experiences since March.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Will barely miss it unless we divert off the 395 path.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

True. The brewery is a mile or so south of the 14-395 junction. Then I'll say wave at it as you pass in its general direction.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'll give you that as well.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

We were at that and more while the Tri-State was rocking and rolling. It's certainly worrying that the rate has returned to that level.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We are going up for my one of my brother's 50th on my parents' dime (their decision; we went to the Open at Pebble last year for mine). My other brother has a condo in Mammoth and we are staying there for a couple of days of golf and other fun. He's a big brewery guy. It won't be hard to convince him to peel off and stop there.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

What you said. And someone is trolling.

It's become a game of dates and numbers.
    My last day off was February 15th.
    I have been sheltering in place since the first week of March.
    I fall into two of the high-risk categories.
    Since February, I have attended 16 virtual funerals. Fifteen of them were people who died of COVID-19. Fourteen of those people were healthcare workers. One was a social worker.

I am also a survivor of MRSA. It has been suggested that people who recovered might have antibodies that could be of some use in the search for a way to mitigate the effects of COVID-19. Yes, I have contacted the people doing the research, had my doc at the time send my records, and volunteered because all of this is just a cabaret complete with RuPaul in fishnets performing the Kurt Weill songbook.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hey, why not? It worked in China.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If you're willing, please keep us updated on this. I'd be interested to hear how that shakes out as I had MRSA, too. Evidently that's why the Red Cross won't accept my blood donations.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hang in there. I love what you are doing.

We can't afford three weeks like that, unfortunately. But each weekend for the last 5, 6 weeks or so, we have taken one day, driven away from the city and gone on a hike or walk for a few hours. One state park we've been going to is getting a ton of people, which is uncomfortable for us. But we try to arrive very early before the crowds and get out of there before the screaming hordes get there.

You just do the best you can. No guarantees you are not going to get infected if you are around other people, but it sounds like you have a smart appoach. . ... avoiding indoor areas, especially crowded ones, seems smart. And just try to keep a little distance from anyone you come across. Wash your hands a lot, carry some hand sanitizer for when you can't.

I am sorry you have had a dark time, but I hope some nice weather and some time outdoors recharges you.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted