1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

So what's the justification for a Jeff Davis memorial in fuckin Bakersfield ... I ask that in sincerity.

2muchcoffeeman and Liut like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The problem is the monuments skew to one side.

For example, Bentonville, Ark., home of Walmart, has a Confederate statue smack in the middle of the downtown square. You can see it from the front door of the Walmart museum and the trendy, upscale restaurants nearby. But during the war, Bentonville (and most of that part of Arkansas) was solidly Unionist. More served in the USA's army than the CSA's. Same in my hometown. In fact, I think Arkansas provided the second-most men for the Union cause among the secessionist states.

But do we have statues commemorating the locals to helped save the USA? Nope. But thanks to the Daughters of the Confederacy pushing The Lost Cause combining with the KKK to let blacks know their place, we've got those fucking participation trophies dedicated to traitorous slavers all over the damn place.

And thanks to the damned Arkansas Democrat-Gazette we get an annual tribute to David O. Dodd - Boy Martyr of the Confederacy - every year. That SOB has more monuments in Little Rock than native son Douglas MacArthur or any other Little Rock resident.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Of all the ridiculous tweets he has made … this one might take the fucking cake. STUPID!

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You sure? Maybe he was using his Soros/Gates 5G scanner.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

the highway - courtesy Sons and Daughters of the Confederacy.

www.suvpac.org/memorials/CWM Kern County.pdf

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because Bakersfield is constantly applying to join the SEC or at least be annexed by Texas.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Another #CuckAlert.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hell of a needle Cotton is trying to thread. "Yes, we need to change how police treat minorities ... but we should send in the 101st Airborne if they protest too much about it."

matt_garth likes this.
  9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

If Cotton truly believes what he is saying, he deserves the opportunity to prove it.

Considering his past record, he gets no benefit of the doubt.

If people don't welcome an attempt from the wrong side of history to get right, then we'll never get people all together.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I see what you did there.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Well, this is a damn disgrace.

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

There are probably a bunch at Gettysburg and other border-state battlefields. Vicksburg actually has a ton of Union monuments, I remember on a visit when a kid.

My older brother put his foot up against one monument (don't remember which) to tie his shoe and got ate up by red ants.

Draft saved Draft deleted